As a holding company with business units operating in the media industry and focusing on content and advertising, MNC or the Company collectively integrates social responsibility activities. The activities are done together with its business units and Yayasan Jalinan Kasih (YJK), a charity foundation established by MNC Group.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities undertaken by the Company and Group
MNC independently conducts social responsibility activities benefiting infrastructure, communities and the education and religious sectors. Likewise, the Company encourages its major units to undertake CSR programs, through synergy and teamwork, in accordance with each units respective fields, such as:
iNewsTV conducted a series of CSR activities focusing on media literacy in several universities in Mataram, Jakarta and Semarang.
Social Responsibility Activities Undertaken by Yayasan Jalinan Kasih [YJK]
YJK was established to initially focus on health services. Today, the foundation continues to grow and has expanded into education. In keeping with the Company’s vision, all social responsibility activities undertaken by the Company, as well as YJK, are done as a team to ensure swiftness and high quality.
YJK has carried out several social activities in 2015, including:
- Community service for general medical and dental treatments in Lebak, Banten;
- Community service for general medical treatments in Maumere with Saint Maria Alumni;
- Mass surgery for treatment of hernia in Gombong, Central Java at General Hospital Muhammadiyah Gombong;
- Community service providing eyeglasses for nearsighted elementary children in Jakarta and Bekasi;
- Mass surgery for treatment of hernia in Cikarang, Bekasi; and
- Mass surgery for treatment of hernia in Sukabumi at Islam Asyiffa Hospital.
In organizing mass surgeries for treatment of cleft lips, YJK partnered with a number of hospitals across Indonesia to facilitate these surgeries, these were: